What is squardle game? Squardle is a Wordle variation where you solve a board of interlocking words in a 5×5 grid by guessing words and getting colored hints. We are going to explain to you what the squardle consists of, how to download it and why play squardle Online. This game is a 2D Wordle variant “Squared Wordle“.
Squardle is a daily game that can be played only once a day. You must complete a square box, the difficulty increases compared to the original wordle and we are going to teach you how to play squardle with tips and tricks to improve your skill.
The game is complicated at beginning. When you solve the daily challenge, squardle gives you the option to share it on your social networks. Share it with your friends!.
How to play squardle online
To play, type a five-letter word in English and press enter. You can use either the keyboard on your screen, or a physical keyboard if you’re playing on a Computer.
Your typed quess will appear in both a row and a column. and each filled square will get a clue. The clues come in the form oí coloreó squares. See below for their meanings.
You get 10 guesses to start with. The first five words you solve all the squares for give you one bonus guess each. Solving all six words wins you the game! Note that you don’t have to use a guess on the specific word for it to be considered solved, making all of its letters green at any point during the game is enough.
To the left is a game near the end. In this case it looks like the final guess should be CUBIC to turn the remaining two gray squares green and win.
How do I change where I enter my guess in Squardle game?
You don’t. The rows and columns will be cycled through; each guess moving the next guess to the next row and column. If you’ve already found all green letters for both that row and column it will skip over them for the rest of the game. The two arrows outside the grid indícate where your next guess will be entered. Additionally, in the game mode Weekly Squardle, if you only have non-green letters in a single row or column you will only ever have to guess there. This way you don’t risk having your great start be ruined by having to guess the remaining word a single square at time.
Squardle is the version that asks you to guess a 5 letter words in a square game. When you write your 5-letter word, in each attempt it will tell you what letters exist in the searched word and if it is in the correct position it will turn green and if it exists but it is not in the correct position it will turn yellow.
- Green: This letter is in the correct square. Finding a green square permanently turns the big square green as well. The goal oí the game is to make all 21 squares in the grid green before you run out of guesses.
- Yellow: This letter is in the correct row, but not in the correct square. The number of pairs of arrows mean that there are at least that many of the letter in this row. Note that this includes letters in green clues. This is different from how Wordle works, so in Squardle getting a single arrow yellow clue and a green clue with the same letter doesn’t mean that there’s two of that letter in the row. Also not that to get a double or triple arrowed clue you will also need to have guessed a word that places two or three of that letter in that row, it’s not enough that the answer has múltiples!
- Any yellow clue means that the letter doesn’t appear anywhere in its column.
- Red: This letter is in the correct column, but not in the correct square. The number of pairs of arrows on the clue mean that there are at least that many of the letter in this column. Again, including green square with the letter that’s in the column. To get multi-arrow clues, you need to guess a word that places repeated letters in its column to be able to get them.
- Any red clue also means that the letter doesn’t appear anywhere in its row.
- Orange: Orange squares are the ones that would be both yellow and red. So this letter appears both in the row and in the column, but not in this square. As with yellow and red clues, the number of pairs of arrows pointing towards the row or column indícate that there are at least this many of the orange clue’s letter in the row or column.
- Black: This letter doesn’t appear at all in the solved grid.
Squardle today tricks
Enter this word as soon as you guess it and start guessing the second word. That’s because to save the last attempt to solve squardle today and if you want to win at Squardle game without cheating, the easiest thing is to get as much information as possible in the first two attempts and, after that, use the next four to try to guess the rest.
Your guesses will go into both a row and a column. You don’t get to pick where you enter your next guess, the game will automatically cycle through the rows and columns. But you can enter notes in blue circles to remember what letter you want to try in a square on a later guess by clicking on a square and typing in the letter.
You start with 10 guesses and can earn up to 5 bonus guesses by solving words. Solving the 6th and final word wins the game!
WHY DIDN’T I GET A DOUBLE ARROW?
WHEN I LOOKED AT THE SOLUTION THE WORD HAD TWO OF A LETTER THAT I GOT A SINGLE ARROW CLUE FOR!
To get a double or triple arrow clue for a letter you must make a guess that puts 2 or 3 copies of that letter in the row or column of the answer with repeating the letter. The number of arrow pairs pointing in opposite directions on the clue always indícate that there are at least that many of that letter in that row or column. It doesn’t say that there can’t be more. Just like Wordle won’t tell you that there should be múltiple copies of a letter that you only guessed a single copy of: Squardle won’t either.
This means that it’s possible for a single square in Squardle to have clues for the same letter and of the same color but with a different number of arrows in the clues: you just had a different number of that letter in the guesses that gave those clues.
I understand that this is a bit confusing. But the alternative I tried first, where the clues for a row worked exactly like in Wordle; was more confusing.
CAN I GET SOME HELP WITH IGNORING THEM?
Sure! Click any small clue to have it get lower opacity. Click it again to hide the letter completely and shrink its colored square. Click it a third time to bring it back up to full opacity.
In the example below the yellow A and O clues are marked as used because the a green A and O has been found in the row. Just remember to still consider these faded clues when thinking about what letters can go in their columns. Presumably the player in our example still hasn’t found the O in the right column, otherwise they could have clicked on the orange O to mark it as a used up clue as well.
Squardle game letter colors
All letters on the onscreen keyboard start out purple. Any letter that gets a black clue on the board goes darker to remind you to not keep using them as they are not in the solved grid. Any letter that gets any other colored clue gets a lighter colored key. Coloring the keys all the different colors a clue can get proved more confusing than helpfuL since in Squardle game all colors don’t apply for all guesses. I haven’t given up on eventually making the keyboard colorful and (hopefully) informative though.
If you want to play, you can click here to play online free. To play, type a five-letter word in English and press enter. You can use either the keyboard on your screen, or a physical keyboard if you’re playing on a Computer. Play squardle and share your statistics with us!
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is squardle wordle?
Squardle is a word game based on the viral hit game Wordle by Josh Wardle. If you somehow have found your way here without knowing what Wordle is. In Squardle the goal of the game is to figure out a 5×5 grid with six words in it.
How to play squardle wordle?
Squardle is a Wordle variation where you solve a board of interlocking words in a 5×5 grid by guessing words and getting colored hints
How many times a day can you play squardle?
Squardle aims to guess a square board with five-letter words. It looks easy, but there are no hints and there are 10 attempts to get it right. On the first test, the program responds in color, described in how to play squardle.